The Reaching Home Program supports low-income Métis citizens and self-identified Métis who are homeless, precariously housed or facing housing instability by providing housing loss prevention and housing stabilization services.
Program Services include, but are not limited to:
- housing crisis interventions and eviction prevention support;
- assistance with rent and utility arrears;
- support with housing searches and the rental application process;
- assistance and support for those exiting homelessness, including damage deposit and first months’ rent;
- assistance with housing set-up costs including basic furnishings and household items;
- assistance with transportation costs to access emergency accommodations;
- information on community resources and supports; and
- information and referrals to other relevant MNBC Programs and resources.
Program Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant must:
- be experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of becoming homeless;
- be an MNBC citizen, verified by providing a copy of their MNBC citizenship card, or self-identify as Métis;
- be a resident of BC;
- have a total gross annual household income of $54,000.00 or less;
- not have assets of more than $2,500.00 (excluding a personal vehicle); and
- not be a homeowner.
If you would like to apply for Reaching Home, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com or mail it to #380- 13401 108 Avenue, Surrey, B.C. V3T 5T3.
If technology is a struggle for you, please connect with MNBC, your local Chartered Community or a family member for assistance.