The Funding Format
This program will provide up to $20,000 per Household in the form of a non-repayable grant, provided the homeowner(s) retains ownership of their home for at least five years from receipt of the grant. If the house is sold before five years from the approved grant date, MNBC reserves the right to ask for the grant to be immediately repaid in full.
The Application process will include:
- An initial review to ensure the eligibility of the applicant
- Confirmation that the intended scope of the Renovation Project falls within Program Requirements.
- A “Request for Quote” will be sent to the applicant by physical mail or email.
- The Request for Quote will indicate there is a 45-Day clause referring to communication between the Program Coordinator and the applicant - If the Request for Quote is not answered within 45 days the application will be put on hold and any other applications will take precedent.
Program Criteria Overview
- Maximum funding per household: $20,000
- Applicant must be at least 60 years or older (If more than one person on title, only one needs to be 60 or older)
- Citizen of Metis Nation British Columbia
- Resident of British Columbia for at least one year
- Must own the property and be the principal residence (Cannot be on First Nations Land)
- Mobile or manufactured homeowners on non-owned land also qualify for the program.
- Must be below income thresholds:
- Single senior with a total gross income of $46,000 per year or less
- Senior couple with a total gross income of $66,000 per year or less
Eligible Repairs and Improvements
- Fire & Carbon Monoxide alarms
- Plumbing (toilets, sinks, showers)
- Roofs, Chimneys, & Fireplace replacement
- Replacement of siding, including Mobile home skirting/Leveling
- Heating (HVAC, Hot water Tank, Central Airconditioning)
- Water supply & Septic system
- Door & Window replacement
- Insulation (ceiling, walls, including repair of any water damage)
- Drywall & Painting to repair wall damage
- Mobility access (Grab bars, Wheelchair ramps, Walk-in Shower, etc.)
If you’re interested in applying for the Ma Niki Renovations Program, please fill out and return the application below to Maniki@mnbc.ca or Mail it to #380- 13401 108 Avenue, Surrey, B.C. V3T 5T3.
If technology is a struggle for you, please connect with your local chartered community or a family member for support and more expediate service.
Download the Application Form (PDF)
For PDF applications please email your completed form to email@example.com