MNBC Ministry of Sports and Active Living is pleased to announce the "Siķoc"(Unexpected) Athlete Achievement Fund. This grant has been created to provide assistance to Métis citizens who encounter financial difficulties when enrolling themselves or their children in sports. The grant can be allocated to support individuals facing significant travel expenses as a result of their involvement in sports. Its purpose is to alleviate the economic barriers that prevent participation in sports activities.
It aims to provide financial support to individuals by offering a one-time payment ranging from $500 to $5,000 per applicant to foster them in pursuing their athletic aspirations. Recipients can utilize these funds for various purposes, including, but not limited to, sports enrollment, sports training, sports equipment, competition travel, and competition admission fees. Due to limited funding, this program will continue to operate only until all available funds have been exhausted.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications received, the approval process for your application may require up to three weeks. Upon being awarded this grant, you will need to provide receipts as documentation for the requested purchases outlined in your application.
CRITERIA AND ELIGIBILITY:
• Applicant must be an MNBC citizen;
• Facing financial hardship; We request that applicants be making an annual salary of under $65,000 or can demonstrate financial need (Consent to supporting documentation upon request);
• Applicants must be between ages 12-24 years old;
• 1 application per citizen only;
• Families may apply for more than 1 child.