A Class 1 driver’s license allows holders to drive semi-trailer trucks and operate all other class 1 to 5 motor vehicles or a combination of vehicles. The Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) course is a pre-requisite for Class 1 road testing in BC and is aimed at creating safer highways for everyone.
- Practical in-yard training, on-highway driving and theoretical learning components
- Focus on National Safety Code compliance for commercial vehicle safety, hours of service requirements, load securement, and other fundamentals like air brakes and professional on-highway driving skills
- Safe operating practices for B.C.’s mountainous geography and diverse climate conditions, and highlights the unique driving conditions that can occur in other jurisdictions
- must be 19 years of age and hold a B.C. Class 1 learner driver’s licence.
- Applicants must meet all commercial driver record pre-screening requirements if applicable, qualify on required knowledge testing, and be able to meet driver medical fitness and vision standards.
Dates: Flexible, Full-Time/Part-Time
Location: Training providers available throughout BC