MÉTIS FAMILY CONNECTIONS
ABout Métis Family Connections
Métis Family Connections was developed by Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) for families with Métis children (MNBC citizens and self-identified Métis) birth to 8 years. Métis Family Connections is focused on helping families build a network of support that provides children with opportunities for early learning and childhood development. Métis Family Connections Navigators assist families to access programs and services that are available in their region and connect them to community and culture.
Why should you enroll your child in Métis Family Connections?
• To learn more about Métis identity and the Métis Nation.
• To be up to date on what early years services are available in your community and how to access them.
• To be connected to other Métis families.
• To have support for your child through each stage of their development.
• Opportunities to attend Métis Family Gathering camps with your children.
• To receive Métis cultural resources.
The Ministry of Education’s Métis Family Connections program is excited to announce a number of virtual events that will be available over the coming weeks to the families with Métis children birth- 8 that are enrolled in the Métis Family Connections program.
Métis Sing with Me
• Time May 18th 10:30am- 11:30am (PST)
• Time June 8th 10:30am- 11:30am (PST)
Storytime with Elder Stella Erasmus Johnson- Kookum’s Story
• Time May 17th 6:00pm- 6:30pm (PST)
Parent Education Evening with Dr. Vanesa Lapointe
• Time May 13th 6:30pm- 8:00pm (PST)
• Time May 20th 6:30pm- 8:00pm (PST)