Apply for Citizenship for Children in Care
If you are a social worker, parent, or legal guardian of a child in care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development and would like to apply for citizenship for that child or youth, please download the application and return it by email.
If there is a change of social worker or guardianship, the child’s name changes or the child is aging out of care, please email with details or by phone at 1-800-940-1150.
Download and Print Application 18 and under (PDF)
To Renew or Replace a Citizenship Card for Children in Care
For a renewal or replacement citizenship card please download the form below:
Download and print renewal or replacement citizenship card form here (PDF)
Fill out the application and return it by email.
You will need the following information:
- Legal name of child or youth
- Citizenship number of child or youth (if known)
- All former surnames of child or youth
- Name changes of child or youth since last card issued
- City child or youth resides in
- Date of birth for child or youth
- Email of social worker, legal guardian, or parent
- Signature of social worker, legal guardian, or parent
- Proof of BC residency (valid government issued ID)
- A passport quality photo
If you have a question or concern about registering a child in care of the Ministry of Children and Family Development for citizenship with Métis Nation BC, please email or call 1-800-940-1150.