Guiding Our Communities and Growth in BC
Your Métis Leadership
Consists of eleven members. The office for President, Vice President, Women’s Provincial Chair, and the Youth Provincial Chair are elected by provincial mail-in ballot. There are seven Regional Directors from across the province who are elected within their respective region’s also by mail-in ballot. The MNBC Board of Directors serves the Métis People as an elected voice for their respective constituency and the Ministers are responsible for individual or multiple portfolios.
Métis Nation British Columbia Board of Directors
- President Lissa Smith
- Vice President Walter Mineault
- Provincial Women Minister Dr. Kate Elliott
- Provincial Youth Minister Shaughn Davoren
- Director, Region 1 – Patrick Harriott
- Director, Region 2 – Louis De Jaeger
- Director, Region 3 – Dean Gladue
- Director, Region 4 – Debra Fisher
- Director, Region 5 – Raynie Gervais
- Director, Region 6 – Susie Hooper
- Director, Region 7 – Paulette Flamond
- Lead the building of a strong and proud Métis Nation in the province of British Columbia. Promote the political, social, cultural, and economic interests of the Métis Nation, leading to self-sufficiency without dependence on government funding.
- Establish appropriate relations with Federal, Provincial and Municipal governments, and First Nations, Inuit, and other governing members of the Métis Nation, to ensure the appropriate place of Métis people as partners in the Canadian Federation.
- Ensure the appropriate and effective provision of Métis designed programs and services on behalf of the Métis in British Columbia Métis communities.
- Seek equality and justice for the legal, constitutional, and international rights of the Métis Nation and respect diversity within the Métis Nation.
- Raise the level of awareness and understanding with governments, educational and other institutions, and the general public on Métis history, culture, and heritage.
Discover the Benefits
Apply for Citizenship
Becoming a part of the Métis Nation is more than just an identity, but finding the support and information you need.