Welcome to Métis Nation British Columbia [MNBC]
Your PresidentFollow his Blog >
Métis Nation British Columbia will build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of Inherent Rights for our Métis citizens.
Métis Nation British Columbia develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis chartered communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services.
Upcoming Community Events
- Special Meeting Announcement for Ashcroft Community
- Elections Announcement - Merritt Community
- Mid-Island Métis Nation - July & Ongoing Activities
- Vernon & District Métis Association
- Métis Nation of Greater Victoria Community Update - July 2014
- Chilliwack Métis Association - Annual Gathering
- Golden Ears Métis Society - AGM / Elections Results
- MNBC 17th Annual General Meeting
Quick Links >>>
Michif word of the week
Did you know?
The City of Golden
The City of Golden was originally called "the Big Cache" until it was renamed "Golden City" by trade store owner Baptiste Morigeau in the late 1880s . Baptiste was the son of Francois Morigeau and Isabella Taylor (Red River Métis) who came to the Columbia Valley in 1822. Baptiste was born in the upper Columbia in (about) 1840.
For more information go to