When Applying for Minor Aged Children/Youth in Care

MCFD Staff & Extended Families in the position of guardianship of minor aged children in their care are requested to contact Jeannie Cardinal, Executive Assistant for MNBC Ministry of Children & Families to obtain an application package.

Jeanie Cardinal – Executive Assistant
MNBC Ministry of Children & Families
107 - 5668 192nd St
Surrey BC V3S 2V7
Toll free: 1-800-940-1150 / 604-557-5851 Ext. 8208
Email: jcardinal@mnbcregistry.ca

Legal Services

BC Legal Services Society - Parents Legal Centre Information Kit

New legal aid services in Prince George, Smithers, Campbell River and Duncan will help parents who have been contacted by or are involved with a social worker about their children. The service is offered at Parents Legal Centre offices, which are part of the Legal Services Society, the provider of legal aid in BC. The centre can help people who are eligible for legal aid and who have some kind of social worker involvement, whether the children are at home or have been removed.

To contact a Parents Legal Centre, go to the locations page of the LSS website  or call the LSS Call Centre: 1-866-577-2525

Native Courtworker and Counselling Association of British Columbia

The Native Courtworker and Counselling Association of British Columbia is here as “A Helping Hand to Justice” for all aboriginal people across the province of British Columbia. Their mission is to provide culturally appropriate justice and health related services according to your need.