Ministry of Forests
Currently there is 1 permanent opportunity available. This position can be based in any Ministry of Forests office within the Cariboo Region. The locations listed in the online posting are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
This position is also posted as a STO in requisition 106864.
Senior First Nations Advisor
$75,454.69 - $96,020.36 annually $59.78 bi-weekly isolation allowance for Alexis Creek
The Senior First Nations Relations Advisor provides leadership to processes which endeavour to anticipate and resolve a broad range of concerns and maximize resource development and provincial revenues. Projects are considered to be high risk to Crown revenue and have a high impact on economic development in the region. The position is a recommending authority to the Ministry Executive on whether these projects should proceed. The Senior First Nations Relations Advisor will also support decision-makers under the Land Act and Water Sustainability Act.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service, please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in resource management; OR
• Diploma in a related field and three (3) years experience.
• Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area: Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, or Engineers and Geoscientists BC. Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a Professional in your specialty area in another province and able to immediately transfer to BC, or eligible for registration within 6 months of appointment.
• Experience in participating in consultations/negotiations with First Nations.
• Experience conducting research and analysis related to land use, resource management, social or economic development issues.
• Experience in policy development and implementation.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
For more information and to apply online by December 5, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/106865