Kelowna Urgent Primary Care Clinic has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent part-time (0.82 FTE) Medical Office Assistant to join their team! This position works rotating days & evenings – 09:00 to 21:00.
What we offer:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employer paid vacation
• Medical Services Plan
• Employer paid insurance premiums
• Extended health & dental coverage
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Work-life balance
• Opportunities for career advancement
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties such as:
• Registering patients – including scheduling and confirming appointments
• Answering telephones, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings
• Data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications,
• Compiling and entering statistical information,
• Writing correspondence including: recording, transcribing and typing forms
• Balancing and checking revenue transactions
• Managing medical/surgical supplies and equipment and other resource material.
• Escorting patients to examination/treatment rooms and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up;
• Attending sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements - weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis.
• Cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment and instruments as well as delivery and disposal of supplies, biological, material and equipment
What should your application include?
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
If you are an experienced Medical Office Assistant/Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training & Experience
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course from an accredited Community College, plus
• Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
• Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
• Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
• Ability to type a minimum 40 wpm.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction.
• Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Job posting # 01947614