MNBC's Ministry of Sport and Active Living announces the Active Living Recovery Grant. This grant is for citizens who face barriers to accessing and affording sport or active living opportunities throughout the COVID19 pandemic. With this grant, MNBC will provide a one-time reimbursement of up to $250.00 per citizen to use towards accessing sport or active living opportunities. This payment is a reimbursement and aims to support the mental and physical health of MNBC citizens.
Due to limited funds, funding will be provided on a first come first serve basis. Applications will be open until March 15, 2023 but may close sooner depending on available funding.
ELIGIBILITY CHECKLIST AND CRITERIA:
- Must be an MNBC citizen or have an active citizenship application
- Resident of BC as proven by a BCID or BC Driver’s License
- Each person applying for this grant must have an individual income of less than $60,000/year.
- The activity in question must fall into one of the following categories to qualify for this grant:
- Mental health and active living focused (for example but not limited to: yoga classes, swimming lessons, fitness class membership) Note: this excludes athleisure clothing or shoes.
- Traditional Métis sport and culturally focused activity (for example but not limited to: carving classes, jigging classes, beading classes, harvesting/fishing lesson)
- You may only apply one time and receive a maximum of $250.00 per applicant. Should your activity cost less than $250.00, you will only be reimbursed for the exact amount on the receipt(s) and unable to claim the remaining dollar amount. Note, we will reimburse receipts dated from January 2022 - Present.
MNBC requires one of the following items to send the grant to you:
• A copy of a void cheque for the bank account you wish the deposits to be made to
• A Pre-Authorized Debit/Credit (PAD/PAC) form which you can easily obtain from your banking branch
IMPORTANT: Note, we anticipate a large influx of applications for this funding opportunity. Please allow a 2-week minimum processing time frame before contacting us for a follow up. We appreciate your patience.
To apply download the application (button above) and email to: email@example.com
Questions? Please contact Ministry of Sport and Active Living at: firstname.lastname@example.org or