Program Details Post-Secondary Education COVID-19 Support Grant
Application volume update
Due to our limited budget and overwhelming application response, we may not be able to support and accommodate every applicant. We are processing as many completed and qualifying applications as we can in the order of receipt as quickly as we are able. Thank you for your interest and we will provide application updates as soon as they are processed.
MNBC Ministry of Employment and Skills Training is supporting current full-time post-secondary students /trainees who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic with a one-time grant of $3,000, an increase from $1,000 previously announced in November 2020. The grant is available to current MNBC clients and those who are not clients.
- Students/trainees currently enrolled in full-time studies at an accredited post-secondary institution
- MNBC citizens, Métis Community cardholders, or notarized Métis self-declarations
- BC residents
- Proof of current enrollment in full-time studies from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Copy of MNBC Citizenship card, Metis Community card, or notarized self-declaration
- Proof of BC residency, in the form of BC Driver’s license or BC ID
- A Pre-Authorized Debit/Credit (PAD/PAC) form which you can easily obtain from your banking branch or through online banking or a copy of a void cheque
NOTE: This grant replaces previously announced COVID-19 emergency program for post-secondary students and the eligible grant amount is cumulative to a maximum of $3,000 from the previously announced $1,000.
If you have questions about your application or require any help with your application, please contact the Employment and Skills Training Program: