Program Details Elders Assistance Pilot Program Waitlist
Background & Eligibility
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) is launching an Elders Assistance Pilot Program (EAPP) to help low-income Elders/Seniors purchase health-related necessities that are not covered by BC Medical Services Plan (MSP). The funds can be used by Elders/Seniors for the purchase of items including hearing aids, dentures, walkers, glasses, and more. The assistance can be up to $2,500 for individuals and up to $4,000 for couples.
MNBC will work directly with service providers to set up direct billing to avoid our Elders/Seniors and their families’ out-of-pocket expenses.
EAPP is for MNBC Citizen Elders/Seniors aged 65+ on Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS). If you are not on GIS, please visit www.canada.ca/gis to fill out your application.
A copy of proof of being on Guaranteed Income Supplement and being a registered citizen is required and must be submitted with this application.
Métis Elder/Senior that are single, widowed, or divorced can qualify up to $2,500
Métis Elder/Senior that have a spouse/common-law partner can qualify up to $4,000
* (Spouse/common-law partner do not need to be Métis)
Please proceed to the next page to start your online application. If you are doing a mail-in application, ensure the application is fully completed and mailed in and addressed to MINISTRY OF ELDERS #380-13401 108 St Surrey, BC V3T 5T3. For more information, please contact MNBC at Toll-Free 1-800-940-1150 or 604-557-5851 EXT 8226 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) Qualification
- you are 65 or older
- you live in Canada
- you get the Old Age Security (OAS) pension
- your income is below $18,984 if you are single, widowed or divorced
- you income plus the income of your spouse/common-law partner is below:
- $25,104 if your spouse/common-law partner receives the full OAS pension
- $45,504 if your spouse/common-law partner does not receives an OAS pension
- $45,504 if your spouse/common-law partner receives the Allowance
The Supplement is based on income and is available to low-income Old Age Security pensioners. It is not taxable
All above information is from www.canada.ca website and is not set from MNBC
EAPP Application Checklist
- Application is completely filled & signed
- Is on Guaranteed Income Supplement and submits proof of being on GIS
- A copy of MNBC Citizenship
- If you do not have an MNBC citizenship but have submitted a registration form please ensuredate of submission of registration is filled on application. Please note that for this application aMétis ID card from you local community will not be accepted.
MNBC Ministry of Elders offers an additional program to assist our low-income Elders/Seniors 60+ that have had COVID-19 impact their income or their ability to obtain groceries, household goods or medications. Low-income seniors may qualify up to $325 for individuals or $475 for married/common-lawed couples. For more information or to receive an application please e-mail email@example.com or call in toll free 1-800-940-1150 or 604-557-5851 EXT 8226