Program Details COVID-19 Emergency Shelter Application
Many Metis Nation BC citizens have been put at risk due to the Covid-19 pandemic with some finding themselves in a situation where they do not have access to shelter or basic amenities and are in need of immediate financial assistance.
The MNBC Covid-19 Emergency Shelter Support Fund is available to those MNBC Citizens who have exhausted ALL OTHER OPTIONS for shelter. The hardships experienced must be a direct result of Covid-19.
- Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- The applicant must have exhausted ALL OTHER LOCAL SHELTER OPTIONS prior to application for this support fund. Only once all other resources have been exhausted will the MNBC Emergency Shelter Support fund be made available.
Any required documents necessary for the Emergency Shelter Supplement will be determined upon discussion with the applicant of the specific immediate needs.
- The Emergency Shelter Support fund can only be accessed during business hours. Any requests made on the weekend or outside of business hours will be addressed on the following business day.
- Funds will be approved for no more than 3 days at a time, and only once all other available resources have been exhausted.
- If a Shelter Bed (or other forms of shelter) becomes available, the participant is required to begin accessing the available shelter resource and the MNBC Emergency Shelter Support will be withdrawn.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Toll Free: 1-800-940-1150 | Office: 604-557-5851