🚨Please Share: Resources for those impacted by the fires and where to donate items if you can🚨
Impacted by the Fires and require additions assistance: Canadian Red Cross
If you have been impacted by the fires and you haven’t registered with the Red Cross, please call them at 1-800-863-6582 (Monday to Fridays between 8 am to 5 pm Closed Sundays and statutory holidays)
Who is eligible to receive the initial $600 per household?
There are two eligibility criteria:
• You have evacuated your residence (from an official evacuation order or possibly an evacuation alert, for example due to medical/health requirements).
• You must pass identity authentication
Please read more here: https://www.redcross.ca/how-we-help/current-emergency-responses/british-columbia-fires/bc-fires-assistance-faqs
You want to help out but don’t know how? Here are some items that are needed and some places accepting donations
• New/unused baby items, such as bottles, diapers, wipes, etc.
• New/unused bedding, such as pillows, blankets, sheets, etc.
• Gently used or new clothing items of all sizes.
• Gently used or new children’s toys.
• New/unused personal hygiene items, such as sanitizers, soaps, feminine hygiene items, face and body care items, etc.
• Gift certificates to grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential services
• Personal electronics, such as cell phones, chargers, batteries, computers, laptops, cameras, etc.
• Non-perishable food items, bottled water and juice boxes.
• Camping supplies, such as tents, sleeping bags, etc.
• Pet supplies, such as food, leashes, collars, kennels/cages, etc.
Where to drop these items off:
Shulus Community Arena
Located at 2164 Neale Rd. Open 24-hours on July 1.
Located at 1190 Cornell St. Open July 2 to 5 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tourism Chilliwack Visitor Centre
Located at 44150 Luckakuck Way. Open July 2 to 4 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tourism Harrison Visitor Centre
Located at 499 Hot Springs Rd. Open July 1 to 5 from 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Cascades & Canyons Visitor Centre
Located at 919 Water Ave. Open from July 1 to 8 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tourism Langley Office
Located at 220-5385 216 St. Open from July 2 to 5 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Cash donations only.
Located at 27566 Fraser Hwy. Open July 1 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Cottonwood Mall, Chilliwack BC. Starting July 1 at 2pm.