MNBC’s 2021 Annual General Meeting kicked off on Friday, September 24th. The AGM started with opening comments from Acting President Lissa Dawn Smith, where she made a number of announcements, including the historic acquisition of land in Kamloops for the purpose of building affordable housing, childcare and administrative office space for both LMO and the Two Rivers Métis Society. Read more about that announcement here.
Following adoption of the agenda, CEO and Deputy Minister Daniel Fontaine delivered his annual report. The Deputy Minister report highlighted Métis women. You can read the presentation here.
The audited financial statements were presented by Manning Elliott Chartered Accountants and were accepted.
The AGM adjourned for the day.
Day two of the AGM started with a keynote address from BC’s Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Training, Anne Kang. Minister Kang touched on the strong and growing relationship between MNBC and the Province of BC in providing more and expanded skills training and post-secondary supports Métis people in BC.
- RESOLUTION 1: Natural Resource Act – Housekeeping and Updates, was passed with an amendment. The approved resolution can be found here.
- RESOLUTION 2: MNGA Speaker was approved.
- RESOLUTION 3: MYBC Terms of Office was approved.
- RESOLUTION 4: Senate Timelines was approved.
- RESOLUTION 5: Constitutional Amendment – MNGA-AGM Timelines was approved.
- RESOLUTION 6: Constitutional Amendment – Amending Formula was approved.
Both days of the AGM were live-streamed. You can watch them at the links below.