MNBC is seeking volunteers who wish to contribute their leadership, expertise, and advice to MNBC. The 2SLGBTQQIA+ Committee is advisory in nature and will assist in providing advice regarding:
- The unique cultural, health and social needs of 2SLGBTQQIA+ Métis people;
- Addressing discrimination, prejudice, mental health challenges, suicide, domestic abuse, exploitation, social isolation and homelessness of 2SLGBTQQIA+ Métis people;
- Identifying and developing 2SLGBTQQIA+ cultural and wellness programming;
- Identifying and celebrating contributions by 2SLGBTQQIA+ Métis people; and
- Advocating for 2SLGBTQQIA+ rights, and to assist in ensuring the needs of 2SLGBTQQIA+ Métis people are being met in the province of British Columbia.
For consideration, please forward a BIO and CV no later than May 30, 2021 to: Nick Hosseinzadeh, Associate Director of Communications & Stakeholder Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference will be given to the makeup of a ‘balanced’ committee of women, youth, Elders and those identifying as 2SLGBTQQIA+.