Seeking Expressions of Interest - MNBC Senator
Posted by MNBC on
Seeking Expressions of Interest - MNBC Senators
As per Article 5, sub-article 5.1 of the Senate Act:
Métis Nation British Columbia is calling on individuals to submit their interest to serve as Senator on the MNBC Senate. (1 Position Open)
Duties of a Senator
Each of the seven MNBC Regional Governance Council appoints a highly respected individual to represent their judicial needs on a provincial level. These non-political Senators form the Judicial Arm of the MNBC.
Positions currently seeking your interest for MNBC Senate:
As per Article 5.2 of the MNBC Senate Act, please submit:
- a short biography (paragraph or two);
- Date of Birth;
- Copy of your MNBC Citizenship card;
- A criminal record check for volunteers;
- *Nomination form for Senate Vacancy (Download / Print PDF)
*A nomination must be in writing by a Métis Citizen that holds an MNBC Provincial Métis Citizenship card.
- Nominations to be submitted to the (RGC) Regional Governance Council via the Chair (MNBC Regional Director Michael Dumont) of the applicable region, with a copy emailed or faxed (778-571-9403), to the care of MNBC Law Clerk John Bieker.
- Nomination deadline: open until nominations close and a suitable candidate is accepted