MNBC 2018 Annual General Meeting - Official Notice
Posted by Métis Nation BC on
The Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC), in accordance with the MNBC Constitution, HEREBY gives notice of the 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
The AGM will take place at the Pacific Gateway Vancouver Airport Hotel, in Richmond, BC on Friday, September 14th with registration and a light reception, and will commence the business of the AGM on Saturday, September 15th ending by noon on Sunday, September 16th.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER
- BC Métis Assembly of Natural Resources (BCMANR)
- BCMANR Captains attending Annual Meeting and/or AGM
- MNBC Board of Directors
- MNBC Staff (as required)
- Chartered Community’s
- MNBC invites each Chartered Community to register two (2) delegates (i.e. your respective President and Executive Board Member, or an alternate member in the event the President or Executive is unable to attend).
- Métis Women BC (MWBC)
- The MNBC Ministry of Women BC (MW-BC) invite each MW-BC Regional Representative, plus, one (1) Métis Woman representative per each Chartered Community to register to attend the Annual Women’s Meeting (AWM) and AGM.
- Métis Veterans BC (MVBC)
- Regional Representatives (alternates must be members of MVBC and designated to attend only by the MVBC Chair)
- Métis Youth BC (MYBC)
- Ministry of Youth BC (MYBC) invite each MYBC Regional Representative, plus, one (1) Métis Youth representative per each Chartered Community to register to attend the Annual Youth Meeting (AYM) on Saturday, September 15, 2018, and AGM.
- Métis Community youth delegates are not required to be registered MNBC Citizens to attend the AYM or to attend the AGM. “Voting” delegates must be registered MNBC Citizens and present their valid MNBC Citizenship Card at the time of registration.
- The AYM Registration package has been distributed to each Chartered Community to submit the names of their delegates. Youth delegates are only required to complete the “AYM registration”, they are not required to register for the AGM.
Except for community youth as identified above, all delegates or alternates must be eligible to vote and present their valid MNBC Citizenship Cards at the time of registration.
Travel days will be Friday, September 14th and Sunday, September 16th unless you are having to attend meetings where you are required to arrive earlier. The Annual Women's Meeting will commence on Friday, September 14th and thereby it is requested that all Community Women Representatives plan to arrive on Thursday, September 13, 2018.
All travel will be arranged by the Event Manager.
Any changes to travel after the travel is arranged by the Event Manager and agreed upon by the Delegate will be the responsibility of the delegate.
MNBC has secured hotel accommodation at the Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport, 3500 Cessna Drive, in Richmond (AGM Venue) for all delegates and required attendance.
Check in is not until 3 PM on day of arrival and Check-out is at 11 AM. Please check with the front desk should you require a late check out due to travel.
Delegates who live within a 5o kilometre radius of the AGM venue will not be eligible for hotel accommodation.
MNBC is not responsible for any expenses incurred by our delegates other than ordinary expenses for attending the AGM. The negotiated terms for the AGM guest rate only covers a maximum of 2 persons per room. Should you bring additional guests, MNBC will not be responsible to cover the higher room rate as a result of additional cost relating to the additional guests.
Travel and meal allowances will be provided for delegates and required attendance.
Registration deadline EXTENDED to FRIDAY AUGUST 17, 2018. Click image to register now.
* General attendance does not require registration.
* GENERAL ATTENDANCE
All Métis are welcome to attend the Annual General Meeting. Costs related to general attendance if you are not a sponsored delegate or otherwise required to attend are on the individual attending. MNBC cannot be responsible for securing accommodation or other arrangements for those who wish to attend that are not sponsored to do so. You are very welcomed to attend the reception on Friday evening and/or the dinner banquet or lunch buffet on Saturday as well as the AGM Saturday. Tickets can be reserved by emailing the Event Manager.
YOUR UNIQUE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITY / VENDOR REGISTRATION
We can't thank our generous sponsors and valued partners enough for their incredible support for our AGM's each year!
It is through their kind contributions that help us achieve the level of success we have at our AGM's.
This year MNBC is extending a unique opportunity once again for our partners and others who would you like to have your company showcased at our AGM and here on our official AGM web page and other social media outlets, along with a number of other fantastic benefits?
As a partner, stakeholder or artisan, MNBC is offering this unique opportunity to be a very important sponsor or vendor at this years AGM.
Please contact Lisa Clement, Director of Economic Development for your sponsorship opportunity or vendor registration.
(print) AGM 2018 Official Notice.pdf
(print) AGM 2018 Draft Schedule Outline.pdf
(print) AGM 2018 Sponsorship Opportunity
For information relating to the AGM, please contact:
Manager of Communications & Special Events
Phone: 604-557-5851 ext. 105
Toll Free: 1-800-940-1150, ext. 105