Call for BCMANR Captains
Posted by MNBC Communications on
BCMANR is calling for applications for Captain’s of the Hunt for the following regions:
- Region 2 – Lower Mainland (currently vacant)
- Region 4 – Kootenays
- Region 6 – Northwest
- Region 7B – Peace (currently vacant)
To qualify for consideration, you must:
- Must possess a valid and current MNBC Citizenship Card and a valid and current MNBC Harvesting Card.
- A minimum of ten years traditional knowledge experience and/or two years of post-secondary education in a related natural resource field and/or other skills as deemed of value to the Captain’s Assembly.
- Must not have a criminal record for an indictable offence for which they have not been pardoned.
Candidates must submit a Criminal Record Check to MNBC in accordance with the MNBC Constitution.
- Must be a resident of at least nine of the last twelve months, in the BCMANR region he/she is representing.
- Cannot have an outstanding debt owing to MNBC/MPCBC.
- Must not be an elected official from a Métis Chartered Community, Regional Governance Council or the MNBC Board of Directors.
- Must not be employed by the MNBC/MPCBC.
- Must be willing and able to travel as necessary.
Please include the following in your application:
- A short biography, laying out your qualifications for Captain;
- Copy of your MNBC Citizenship and Harvesting card;
- A criminal record check for volunteers (acquired through your local RCMP office)
BC Métis Assembly of Natural Resources (BCMANR) https://www.mnbc.ca/directory/view/345-bcmanr
Please submit applications to the Director of Natural Resources, Leona Shaw, at email@example.com
Closing date for all applications is February 28, 2020.