MÉTIS FAMILY CONNECTIONS
ABout Métis Family Connections
Métis Family Connections was developed by Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) for Métis families with children birth to 8 years. Métis Family Connections is focused on helping families build a network of support that provides children with opportunities for early learning and childhood development. Métis Family Connections Navigators assist families to access programs and services that are available in their region and connect them to community and culture.
Why should you enroll your child in Métis Family Connections?
• To learn more about Métis identity and the Métis Nation.
• To be up to date on what early years services are available in your community and how to access them.
• To be connected to other Métis families.
• To have support for your child through each stage of their development.
• Opportunities to attend Métis Family Gathering camps with your children.
• Early years advocacy & support if needed.
• To receive Métis cultural resources.
The Ministry of Education’s Métis Family Connections program is excited to announce a number of virtual events that will be available over the coming weeks to the families with Métis children birth- 8 that are enrolled in the Métis Family Connections program.
• March 17th Time: 6:00pm- 7:00pm (PST)
• April 3rd Time: 11:00am- 12:00pm (PST)
Dr Vanessa Lapointe March 29th
• Time 6:30pm- 8:00pm (PST)
Métis Sing with Me March 22nd, April 6th and April 22nd
• Time 10:30am- 11:30am (PST)