The Métis veterans committee will work with the MNBC Board of Directors and the Métis Nation Governance structure to support Métis veterans in British Columbia. The committee will establish a communications plan and identify the ceremonial role of Métis veterans in the Regional Governance Councils, Métis Nation Governing Assembly, MNBC Annual General Meetings, and other forums as mutually agreed with the MNBC Minister Responsible for Veterans. The committee will also work to support a uniform Métis identification process and establish representation requirements regarding Métis veterans in British Columbia.
- To identify opportunities associated for Métis veterans including public awareness, education, and Métis cultural recognition
- To identify Métis veterans programs that can be implemented to support the work of the committee
- To define a Métis veterans identification process
- To support Métis veterans communications through email, MNBC website, Kiwetin Magazine, and other means as required by the committee
- To participate in Métis Nation British Columbia governance including the role of 'Dumont Scouts' for provincial level meetings
- To organize and assemble MNBC Flag Parties as required
- To develop a Métis veteran's membership system and governance structure that can provide democratic representation with the MNBC seven Regions.
Métis Nation British Columbia:
- To provide administrative and negotiating support in the development and implementation of committee work plans and budgets on an annual basis
- Will support the facilitation of constructive Métis cultural relationships to all potential partners
- Create linkages to the Métis community and Métis services available throughout British Columbia
- Promote Métis veteran awareness and education
- Invite the committee chairperson to the MNBC Board of Director meetings to update the MNBC Board of Directors with the MNBC Minister Responsible for Veterans when required.